Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Favourite websites and Inspiration 7.5

In class #2, we have 2 presentations about favorite websites. All 4 websites presented are educational websites. I think that favorite website presentation is a good idea. It provides a large resouce of educational websites which are useful for my career.
However, some of them are strongly related to presenters' major. For example, Sarah Cook's major is Art Education and her favorite website is http://www.getty.edu/ - an interesting and useful website for her job but it seems not to be much useful for my job as Chemistry teacher. In my opinions, it is better if favorite websites are shared among people who have the same major. Therefore, I will use this action in my peer coatching.
These presentations make me think about my favorite websites. I have some education websites which I usually use in my teaching progress. But the problem is that they are Vietnamese websites. It sounds that I have to find some other "favorite" websites to presentation in coming weeks.
After presentations, I was instructed about concept map and Inspiration 7.5. Sometimes, I have to build concept map in my teaching and the only tool I use is Word. My concept map looks pretty good but actually, I have to spend a lot of time to build it. I have to use drawing taskbar to draw every node, draw every arrow, fill text, search and insert pictures, group all of them. So much time for only technology!
Now, Inspiration 7.5 makes this mission easier. I can fast draw a concept map. With some simple clicks, I can draw nodes, arrows between 2 nodes, chose many picture for my map. I remember that my teacher in Vietnam has a research about concept map and this software will be very convenient for her.

No comments: