Thursday, September 13, 2007

Blogging for Education

To me, Blog is a good tool for educators!
In my country, many young people know about blog and use blog everyday. But I myself thought that blog is a tool for relaxing, sharing, chatting...I have never thought about blog as a tool for educator.
As a teacher at Hanoi National University of Education in Vietnam, I contacted my student frequently. I usually used some technology tools for my teaching including YahooGroups to contact my student. YahooGroups is a convenient communication tool but it lacks many advantages that a blog possesses.
Attending this class, I found out that blog is really a good tool to communicate with the students which attracted me at the first sight. In the class#1, I have learnt the way to set up my blog. It was quite difficult for me at the beginning but it is so interesting that I learn quickly. As you see, my blog is quite beautiful, isn’t it? I think that now I can instruct my future student how to set up a blog.
In my point of view, blogs are very useful for class discussion. Teachers and students are able to share their opinions via their blogs. Teachers can give topics via his (her) blog. Students can post their opinions about the topics; get comments from their classmates and teachers. In addition, blogs are very useful for class reflection. After lectures, teachers can ask students to post their reflection. By reading students blogs, teacher can evaluate not only the learning process but also teaching process.
This is my first opinions about the educational meaning of blog. I hope that I will discover more uses of blogs after our class discussion.

No comments: